No announcement yet.

R.I.P. Chester Bennington (Linkin Park)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Chester Bennington (Linkin Park)

Another lead singer has killed himself. This time the lead singer for Linkin Park, Chester Bennington. Damn, I really like their music!

I just do not understand how these millionaires with super hot girfriends/wives and fans who love them can have it so bad that this is how they deal with it ??
    Last edited by NRHS-Dan; 07-20-2017, 01:22 PM.
    Bonneville might have beat us this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2017!!!

Originally posted by NRHS-Dan View Post
    Another lead singer has killed himself. This time the lead singer for Linkin Park, Chester Bennington. Damn, I really like their music!

I just do not understand how these millionaires with super hot girfriends/wives and fans who love them can have it so bad that this is how they deal with it ??
    drug and alcohol addictions.. + depression from being an addict can take a serious toll, no matter how much moneys in the bank.
    The money is why they cant escape it, when you can afford it, you'll buy it. Sad day... They were one of a kind for sure.

Comment

Yep on the alcohol and drugs. Same reason my brother checked out in February. He had everything just like a rock star. But you know, you can hear it in their music just like Chris Cornell's music with Audioslave.
      Last edited by stocker; 07-22-2017, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Linkin Park.... good songs with GREAT production - the way they would go from a 'soft' melodic verse, then SLAM you with the mega-watt, full-on ASSAULT of a chorus !
        Just listen to 'In The End' (2001), 'Somewhere I Belong' (2003), 'What I've Done' (2007), 'New Divide' (2009) to hear what I'm talking about.

Chester Bennington also played with Stone Temple Pilots for a while (2013-2015) when their singer, Scott Weiland, was booted out over chronic alcohol and drug abuse.
        Weiland died in December 2015 at age 48 while on tour with his band at the time. He was found in the his bedroom of the band's tour bus with cocaine present.

One of Chester's very best friends was singer Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Temple Of The Dog, Audioslave).... who hung himself this past May 18th after playing a concert in Detroit.
        Chester sang a Leonard Cohen song, 'Hallelujah', at his funeral on May 26th. Chris Cornell's 53rd birthday would have been on July 20th.... the day Chester Bennington hangs himself (coincidence ???).

A half-empty bottle of alcohol was found in Bennington's room, but NO drugs according to the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office. I'm not suggesting in any way that Chester was abstaining from drugs, but alcohol is a medically-recognized depressant. I believe alcohol is the TRUE 'gateway' drug.... not marijuana like Jeff Sessions and his handlers are trying hard to sell to America.

Very sad that his wife and six children are left to mourn him. I won't criticize his choices.... we all have our demons to fight, they overwhelm some.
        Linkin Park will be forever changed without his presence.

Comment

Alcohol is the worst drug in the country, then opiates.....both similar I was told. Allegedly 5000 alcohol related deaths daily....O pot I think. Most weed heads I know don't drink much, and don't use other drugs. Couple beers to knock the cotton mouth back and I'm cool..

Comment

Working...
          X