Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

49mm dyna mid glide front end on a sportster ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49mm dyna mid glide front end on a sportster ?

Anyone do this. How does it ride. Way mobetta I bet.

I cant remember the fella's name ,but yes it as been done. gives ya a wider tyre selection and a bit less flex in the front end....I know that my front end is so much nicer with a fork brace and a 110 x19 tyre....
    Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.

Comment

I found a complete mid-glide set up but it has a 1 inch axle. I would have to install new bearings in the wheel or pick up the wheel for that front end.

Comment

Bearing kits are cheap enough and ya can change back if you ever feel like it.

Comment

I like how it looks. Beefy and stronger. I know it improved the ride of the dynas when they upped the size.

Comment

is the brake rotor and caliper come with it?? I was just thinking that the sporty ones might not exactly be bolt on.

Comment

Nope, I'm still looking for a complete front end. Later models had a weird one side fender mount too on the back of the lowers.

Comment

Being on the East coast....have ya looked at Max salvage...they got a store on line.

Comment

I am on the south coast Frank. I checked out Pinwall..they got nothing. I'll check Max Salvage . Lot's of old narrow glide dyna fronts, just like the sportster. Not many 49mm front ends out there. For a bike I have been building for awhile. No big hurry.

Comment

I'll keep an eye out for ya up here....big swapmeet coming up on Sunday.....if I find one,do you want me to get for ya ?? your Yankee dollars have a good exchange rate right now...I bet shipping would be about 80 canuck dollars....

Comment

I'll get back to you. Problem finding one at the salvage places is: The front end is usually the place that gets totaled. Been looking at e-bay maybe try to piece one together. Kinda looking at some aftermarket trees with 3 degree rake built in.

Comment

Okay doky ....got caught up in a snow storm this aft just got home....almost midnight....darn...I think I froze my Twinkies

Comment

Hey !! swap meet is tmorrow...let me know what ya want to do !?

Comment

I actually recently picked up a Dyna 49mm front end and sold it. Dunno why I didn't think to advertise it to the Sportster crowd.

Comment

Working...
                            X