Future of the sportster.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of the sportster.

with the street based bikes taking over on the race track and, the big bikes getting engine updates, what's next for the sportster? I sure hope Harley is not planning to replace the sportster with the street! Though it appears to be the case.
    Engine wise, I would like a evolution of the two valve sportster engine, not the 4 valve head set up used on the Milwaukee 8. Fully optimize the 2 valve OHV, like GM has done with its OHV V8s. Lighten up the engine also.
    Some updates and lightning up of the entire bike.

A 6 speed and Buell XB gears would be good to.

Comment

A 6 speed would be great.
      Bonneville might have beat us this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2017!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jkhawaii View Post
        A 6 speed and Buell XB gears would be good to.
        What's different about the xb gear box?

Comment

Originally posted by Ponyboy View Post

What's different about the xb gear box?
          never mind. I thought sportsters still used the old strait cut sliding gears. Hard to know what Buell Improvements Harley transfered to Sportsters.
          Last edited by jkhawaii; 07-16-2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I do however wish they would go back to a trapdoor transmission.
            Bonneville might have beat us this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2017!!!

Comment

That would be nice

Comment

They have to go water cooled to pass the stricter emission requirements. Despite lyin' ass Trump acting like he is buddies with the owners of the MoCo. Seems damn strange that the Street models they are selling here look cheap and thrown together, since they are being assembled at the KC plant, allegedly. They are making them at a plant in India, and Brazil too. Anyone actually been to the plant lately to see if there any coming off the line. That will be the decider.

Comment

Originally posted by jkhawaii View Post
                  never mind. I thought sportsters still used the old strait cut sliding gears. Hard to know what Buell Improvements Harley transfered to Sportsters.
                  06 up bikes got 1 through 4 helical cut gears with a straight cut 5th. Way more better on the gears for folks that can't shift properly.

Comment

Im willing to bet we will see a new Xl 4 valve with liquid cooled heads in the very near future.

Comment

They are moving to water cooled bikes. Or as you said with cooled heads. The stricter and stricter epa standards are making it hard to maintain performance and pass. I guess...who knows; Didn't the Chump suggest epa standards be relaxed....you know since the owners bribed him with the 3 bikes they left on the white house lawn last time they were there ?

Comment

Working...
                      X