No announcement yet.

Check engine light and po108

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan was right, had to ride it more. I also took what values that were learned and smoothed out the map. The base map was so far rich on the low end, auto tune couldn’t deal with it. I also messed with the 0% tps values and that was way to lean, .1 O2 at idle and had to hold the throttle open.

Comment

Still might pick up a PV like every one suggested before. I’m kind of a hard head I guess. Like to put in some of my own ideas instead of just going with what is known lol.

Comment

Hmm interesting. Vance and Hines sent me a updated map. Have to go look what they changed. The map code is the most iterating right now, hope it turns off. I was getting the fuel map dialed in ok. They said I still need to update the ignition timing but, fuel side should be good. Was thinking of just limiting max timing on the high end to 31? Have any ign timing recommendations? Currently the timing goes to 35 after power peek.
        Last edited by jkhawaii; 10-28-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I have a map available for the power vision that should be a good baseline for your build.
          Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

Ok. I have the bike running pretty good but just living with the check engine light for now untill I get the PV. I ordered it from this other place. Next up will be primary ratio and clutch.

Comment

so far the PV with the Target Tune is working great! Data update rate is, live, not every second like on the FP3, O2 sensor data is actually useful, check engine light is no longer on. The bike has had a lean condition around 7-12% TPS 2-2600rpm. Apparently, the front cylinder wanted a whole bunch more fuel than usual in that range. AFR would go to 17-18 to 1 and start popping, loosing power. I'm guessing the Krome Werks pipe, and normal odd fire V-Twin operation is the cause of that? The main problem I have with the PV/TT set up is... finding space for all the extra wires. have the left side cover off for now, with all the wires zip tied up.

Comment

much better after a auto tune session, running another session did not make any more changes. Target tune off until I'm able to use the entire RPM range.

Comment

Working...
                X