Stator check ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stator check ?

So, the engine light and battery light comes on..if I get a beep on the milliamp setting checking either port on the stator plug to ground ...stator bad and going to ground right ?

Well fuck ya'll. I had to dig up the electrical manual to determine that the cheap stator I put in last December is going to ground on one side., had the warranty expire two weeks ago.

Comment

Sorry I couldn't help Ed. Sounds like you have the same kind of luck as me.
      I spent most of my money on women, whiskey,and motorcycles. The rest, I just wasted.

Comment

I couldn't remember the results of the tests with the multi meter. Found my electrical manual. Stator going to ground on one side.The original went out after nine years, the new replacement went out the other just over a year old , two weeks over the warranty. Ya know, I never had a stator problem until I started running Valvoline HP 85w90 gear oil, even though it is supposedly safe for yellow metals according to the strip test. My French Canadian Brother Jean always kept telling me Brad Penn Manual Trans fluid. I never understood that until he told me it is called Pennzoil Synchromesh. Same shit we run in our drag bikes. Just not for long term use, he said to change it every oil change. I researched it....seems like the bees knees for our trans. Yellow metal safe for the stator, and synchros. I know in the drag bikes it shifts like butter...click, click and another click if a quarter mile.
        Last edited by stocker; 12-31-2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I'll look into that Ed. I'm running Bel Ray in mine. No problems so far. thanks for the info. I've always run Valvolene in the engine.
          I spent most of my money on women, whiskey,and motorcycles. The rest, I just wasted.

Comment

I run Valvoline in all my engines, good stuff. I may try Bel-Ray , but I am a cheap bastard, and I have to order the stuff. Formula + is crap. I don't think the Valvoline Hp 85w90 I have been using knocked out the stator. The original lasted 9 years, and I replaced it with a cheap one, so.... but, the Pennzoil Synchromesh is really a GL-4 gear oil with a viscosity of around 75w80, which is a little thinner then the Valvoline, but, it is designed for applications where there are yellow metals and modern gearing. Don't get much more modern than the helical gears in the 06 up transmissions. I'm gonna give it a try. Jean swears by the stuff, and a few others say it works great just has to be changed more frequently. Bel-Ray is amber/red color isn't it ? So, is the Pennzoil Synchromesh. Hmmmmmm?

Comment

Bel-Ray is red. It's supposed to be good stuff. I'm a tight SOB too. I run the reg Valvoline 20W50 in the engines. It cost about $3.50 a Qt. here. I don't remember what I pay for the Bel-Ray.I order it about 5 or 6 at a time, that way I always got it. I change the primary and transmission every other oil change. I change oil at 2500 mi.

Comment

Working...
              X