line lapping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• line lapping

That's my question for you Dan.....you guys do any of this ?? line-lap pinion race(crank) and size for bearing fitment on pinion side.since I got the cases split again for Transmission work and cleaning out the shrapnel out of everything....
    I'd like to use some better bearings....maybe them SE black ones or timkens
    Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    line-lap pinion race(crank) and size for bearing fitment on pinion side.since I got the cases split again for Transmission work and cleaning out the shrapnel out of everything....
    I'd like to use some better bearings....maybe them SE black ones or timkens
    Frank, try Al Miles at Hi-Per Cycle in Edmonton (north-west end).

14340 - 115 Avenue
    (780) 451-3500

Here is the 33-second Yellow Pages ad on YouTube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM8wZlUrjJ0

Al owns the shop, he is the 'old guy' working on the rigid evo towards the end of the video. Also the guy piloting the drag bike at the end.... he has been drag racing very successfully for decades. He was the 2002 and 2003 Canadian Pro Dragster class champion back when I first dealt with him (took him some boxes of bits and pieces that he turned into my 76 Ironhead engine). My logic was that if he could build a class-championship winning engine for his own bike, he was welcome to work on my stuff. He also brought my Baker XL-6 transmission into the country for me for my 2002 project bike.

Al is an old-fashioned guy that doesn't like computers much, he never had much of a website.... and now I see it has disappeared completely. The last email address I have for him is :

Al Miles <ffr@interbaun.com>

*NO* guarantee that works either, it is several years old. I'd suggest phoning him. If he gives you a quote, he is very good about sticking to it.
    Give him a call, at least it's a place to start.... and it is not too far away from you.

Comment

• Frank
      Frank commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Brad......I'll make the call and find out !!

This picture is from Castrol Raceway in Edmonton from the Oil City Nationals held in August, 2016.

hi-per_cycle_cmdra_2016august_oil-city-nationals_01.jpg
    Good to see Al is *still* sporting the #1 plate !!!

Comment

And some picture proof that Al knows his way around an 'evo'-engined Sportster....

hi-per_cycle_xl-powered_drag_bike_&amp;_babe.jpg

not to mention, he recognizes a fine pair of legs when he sees them.
      Last edited by show'n'go; 11-01-2016, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X