1250 Results and questions for tuning/upgrades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1250 Results and questions for tuning/upgrades

Dan - Results are in!! See below. Of note, I will have to get new pipes soon and re-tune, you'll see a significant dip on the dyno results around the 3500-3800 range... I think this is due to the pipes.

See below for the dyno results.

Before -

Dyno_Before.jpg

After -

Dyno__After.jpg

It would be neat if anyone could explain the science behind the dip though.... Takers???

--- Also, any thoughts on RB Racing Pro Stock Race Cat 2 - 1 ??

wow, those are better results than I thought you would get with that pipe. Not too shabby!

yes that big dip in power at 3,500 is most likely caused by reversion in the pipe. I suck at explaining things but basically the overlap of the cams causes blast of exhaust to go back through the carb which cause an extreme rich condition and loss of power like you are seeing. If you could see you air fuel ratio you would probably see about 10:1 or worse at 3,500 rpms.

I actually like the Bassani road rage 2 as my preferred pipe. I can get you one if interested
    Bonneville might have beat us this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2017!!!

Comment

So were you able to ride it a few miles before loading it up?
      Bonneville might have beat us this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2017!!!

Comment

Yeah, I put 450 miles on it in a day and a half, rested the butt then took it to the tuner. Riding at 55mph for 450miles is not the most bueno thing.

Ill probably need one in September/October when the bike gets to Japan.

Im also looking into suspension work, chain conversion ( I'd like to change the ratio to gain speed ). Plan is to take it to the circuits on the main island

Comment

I'm also considering installing a full time AFR sensor. I'd like to be able to adjust ratios based on environmental factors of the day.

Comment

I can help you with the chain conversion which runs about $365 for everything you would need. It is from Zippers

Are you looking for just a sensor or a wide band tuner kit for your Power Vision?

Comment

I'm leaning towards the wide band kit to be able to use Target Tune, would like to find a good tune shop close by though. There is one on your site, but I'm not sure they speak English, do you know?

As for the chain conversion, I'll definitely be looking into that once I get my work space put together. I'll need to do more research as to what ratio I'm looking for before I do the conversion.

Comment

I do not know if they speak English. We communicate by e-mails and then translate it. The target tune is really nice.

Comment

As a general rule, wide-band is the best for auto-tune OR DIY tuning. much more sensitive.
                  Thanks Justin, I like seeing dyno charts and Bonneville records.

Z
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                  X