Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I will get to see and install the 1275 kit... (I didn't buy it)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I will get to see and install the 1275 kit... (I didn't buy it)

Dude I know is bringing his bike and a new 1275 kit to the shop for install .Now everyone that knows me should also know I come from the day before the 1250 kits; When we would buy cylinders with extra thick liners, get pistons and use a boring bar and build our own 1250's. The only sight unseen problem I may see is that I can't picture high tensile steel ridding itself of heat very quickly. We'll see. There had to be a good reason no other shop has done a 1275 previously.

HD has done several high tensile steel liners in some of their TC 110 and 117 kits.

Comment

I didn't know that. I still have a couple EVO's, they look like they will be running long after I am a goner. I never caught on to the Twinkie. I had bad luck with the one I bought. Dude has the parts so I will be wrenching it together soon.

Comment

I hear ya, not my cup of tea either. I like the new Milwaukee 8, except the chain driven cam, which was required to pass noise restrictions. But it'll be a long while before I have either. If I want the added complexity and maintenance of chain driven cams, I'll opt for an EBR instead. But I like my Evo/XLs.

Comment

I have a 1988 Heritage EVO that the odometer quit working at 245,218 miles; It's still running, and besides wearables and minor fixes,it has never left me sitting. I have a FXR cop bike I bought at the New Orleans Police Auction; It will be running long after I am gone. When I first saw the rubbermount sportster, I thought damn, that looks like an FXR, except better. I don't like all the electronic crap on the new bikes. The ECU, map sensor and carb is the best setup they ever had. Simple and reliable.

Comment

I can appreciate the simplicity of the older setups but I was doing IT before I became a mechanic. I love the fact that I can datalog and tune my Buells with a laptop instead of changing jets on a hot motor.

Comment

If I end up with a fi bike, which is possible, I'll just learn to do it. I have TC 88 on the sportsters and got a handle on making my own maps.

Comment

So.....saw the kit, looks good. Pretty much looks like the Harley race shit. I don't know anyone that rides their big bore Screamin Eagle Race stuff on the street. I have concerns about ring seal and cooling. Steel gets way hotter than cast iron. Will give report after break in and 500 mile and 1000 mile rides

Comment

Working...
                X