Dont paint, dip!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont paint, dip!

So I've been contemplating either painting my bike or doing the whole hydro dip thing. Well, just ordered my dipping film and other materials from mydipkit.com , will post pictures as soon as the project is complete

please keep us updated on how it goes to include pics if possible.
    Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

Will do. Ive been watching tons of videos on this and it seems to easy not to do yourself!

Comment

So I got my kit in the mail today, took 2 days to ship but 1.5 weeks to leave the facility.(probably the holiday) I have tested it on my phone case to see how the green would fade with the film. Also I've found with the big patterns on a small item, it doesn't look the greatest, almost like a paint splash.

https://imgur.com/a/eTsNN

You can kinda see one of the skulls in the corner, but it is so large on such a small piece it doesn't look right, hopefully it will look better on the tank.

Few more practice attempts before I do the tank.... Fenders will be first.

Comment

So first attempt on the front fender I seem to have used to much activator and it put holes in the film. Also thinking I need to change the base coat from all the bleed through. Base coat used was grey.

Last edited by ChaseBanks; 06-08-2016, 09:01 PM.

Comment

that looks cool as hell!!
            Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

Thanks Dan! I'm hoping the tank will look good, wanting green but the green they sent me is to neon/ vibrant. Plus i think the skulls will look good to accent the rivited metal.

Comment

Well what do ya know! That looks awesome!

looks like a little orange peel stuff....or is that part of the look?
                Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.

Comment

Well, the site and videos say the graphic goes through a chemical reaction to etch it into the paint. I also haven't put clear coat on due to wanting to go with a different base coat to darken it up.

Comment

Well, changed the base coat to gold instead of grey. Thinking the bleed through will look better.

Comment

So here is gold as the base coat..... I think it looks much better

Comment

• Frank
                        Frank commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ya...it does ,good look.

Rear fender kinda didn't dip right and I ran out of film lol.

Gas tank almost ready to get base coat.

Comment

Primed

First coat

Second coat after wet sand

Comment

Dipped and first coat of clear done!

Comment

Still needs a wet sand and more layers of clear coat.

Comment

Working...
                            X