Tire size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire size

What's the largest tire I can put on my stock 95 sporty, I think it has a 130 on it now, it's a Dunlop D402 for the rear and a Dunlop D401 for the front

I have been able to squeeze a 140 with the stock belt drive and a 150 if you do a chain conversion.
    Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

Dan do you remember what brand tire that 140 was you squeezed in. It might make a difference on if it fits or not. Just a thought. I know I went with a Avon Venom X 100/19 for my front and man was it tight. I have to let the air out to put it on and off. There is just a hair between the tire and the fender mount. It wont clear the fender mount bolts. It is a better more stable ride going down the road though than that skinny 21 inch tire and rim which was on it when I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by NRHS-Dan View Post
        I have been able to squeeze a 140 with the stock belt drive and a 150 if you do a chain conversion.
        Agree with Dan, I am running a 150 with a chain conversion, any larger and I'm looking at swing arm replacement, and stretching apart my upper struts, maybe fender too, or fender replacement. I had to install all fender bolts in backwards and dremel off the excess bolt now visible to resolve clearance issues with tire running 10.5" shocks and ended up installing a leftover air suspension from another project because riding 2-up had tire close enough to the fender to tear out my wiring and too close to bolt heads for my comfort... .
        Last edited by CSMITH72; 03-26-2016, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Yea csmith, I had the same issue with my bolts on the back. Didn't think to Dremel off the excess

Comment

I think it was an Avon 140 that just fit with the belt. But the belt was right on the bead of the tire!
            Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NRHS-Dan View Post
              I think it was an Avon 140 that just fit with the belt. But the belt was right on the bead of the tire!
              When installing my 150 (excluding clearance problems up top) I tried to resolve belt clearance by spacing the belt pulley off the rim a bit, problem was it now had belt pulley too close to my swing arm. I am guessing you were seeing same thing with the 140. I resolved clearance issues down below by converting to chain. Other option is swing arm replacement. Chain is cheaper!

Up top, you need higher shocks than the 10.5 I was using, and all fender bolts now mount backwards leaving bolt heads under fender. I am about 200# and riding solo the 10.5's were okay but any added weight from 2-up riding is NOT good, you will want 12" or higher shocks otherwise you are tearing out your wiring and possibly having tire rubbing bolt heads. .

Comment

Or you could sell those rattle traps, get a carbed rubbermount and a nice honkin' 150. Stock.

Comment

Originally posted by stocker View Post
                  Or you could sell those rattle traps, get a carbed rubbermount and a nice honkin' 150. Stock.
                  I like my rattletrap thank you........ but so true!

Comment

Working...
                  X