Indian on the flat track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian on the flat track

Saw last years final race at Santa Rosa last night. That Scout flies. First time out with it Ross outran some serious factory Harley boys. The war is back on.

I dont think its gonna be much of a war, Indian is just gonna continue to smash Harley's XG, until they have the rules changed and make the Indian add weight or some B/S.
    Even more so with Mees piloting the Indian!
    Last edited by XL90R; 04-01-2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

speaking of live flattrack is on right now on www.fanschoice.tv

Comment

Didn't know Mees sold out Harley Davidson after they took care of him all these years . I like that Dixie Speedway race. Fast little track. I remember when dirt track racing was the thing. Bummed around for a year with a dude that raced an 850 Norton back in the seventies. They raced everywhere back then. Now it is just the pro's. Don't know why the dropped the 883 series. Lot of folks raced then.

Comment

Originally posted by stocker View Post
          Didn't know Mees sold out Harley Davidson after they took care of him all these years . I like that Dixie Speedway race. Fast little track. I remember when dirt track racing was the thing. Bummed around for a year with a dude that raced an 850 Norton back in the seventies. They raced everywhere back then. Now it is just the pro's. Don't know why the dropped the 883 series. Lot of folks raced then.
          its slowly coming back, the new thing is "hooligan" racing, pretty much amateur circle track racing, arena style, or dirt, depending on location, they just got Harley backing this year, and have been drawing larger crowds than most pro nationals..
          The reason Mee's left Harley is because they were going to make him ride the XG. last season, Mees raced a few on the XG and quickly went back to the XR. I dont blame him, that Indian is a monster. Perfectly build purpose made racing machine. Even V&H was disappointed with what they were given with the XG motor to work with. To heavy, to wide, to under powered.
          unlike the Indians purpose built motor, with interchangeable crank weights for different tracks and weighting in at just over 100 lbs wet and making 109 hp at 9500 rpms!!! SIGN ME UP!

Comment

Ive had quite a few of the XG motors apart now, They are pretty sad... Internally its practicaly a water cooled honda rebel or virago motor lol. Very similar in design

Comment

Originally posted by XL90R View Post

its slowly coming back, the new thing is "hooligan" racing, pretty much amateur circle track racing, arena style, or dirt, depending on location, they just got Harley backing this year, and have been drawing larger crowds than most pro nationals..
              The reason Mee's left Harley is because they were going to make him ride the XG. last season, Mees raced a few on the XG and quickly went back to the XR. I dont blame him, that Indian is a monster. Perfectly build purpose made racing machine. Even V&H was disappointed with what they were given with the XG motor to work with. To heavy, to wide, to under powered.
              unlike the Indians purpose built motor, with interchangeable crank weights for different tracks and weighting in at just over 100 lbs wet and making 109 hp at 9500 rpms!!! SIGN ME UP!
              Yea, I saw one of last years Holligan events they had scheduled with the AMA guys on TV last week. Roland Sands made the podium with Ross. Supposed to be a run what ya brung class. Supposed to be two races at Dixie Speedway this year. Maybe I'll go check them out. Cycleworld did a write up about a race that they got to race S&S Hooligan bikes. One had the crate motor and the other had their 1250 package. The 1250 bike looks like a rubber. Hell, I am nursing a broke shoulder from my 68 Moto Guzzi body slamming me about a week or so ago; But even broke up and at 57, I thought about turning one of the rubbers into a hooligan bike. Wouldn't cost much at all. Hell it would be fun to race one again. I guess they have a couple different classes. Hell I may take one to Dixie Speedway and have fun.
              Last edited by stocker; 04-09-2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X