Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pushrod Modified Gas 1000cc is the goal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushrod Modified Gas 1000cc is the goal.

Cheapest way to get there. XB9 stuff in an 06 case and XB12 stuff on top in an 06 bike. That's the easy part. Now to make it go 150 something. Modified Production basically says production modified. Someone had the idea to just put an xb9 engine in an 06 frame...but, I don't think it just drops in and the rules don't say that is legal. It says production modified engine. I know Dan can give me some pointers here.

You will need about 110 hp. That is tough to do with the short stroke of an XB9.Best I ever got was around 105 on a heavily modded XB9 engine. You can use an XB9 engine in a rubbermount frame in modified without worry as it is from the same manufacturer.
    Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

How did Brian and Richard get that 883 to 1000cc into P-PP in 2001 or 2 and take the record from the Moto Guzzi. I thought P-PP was production pushrod meaning production ? This is where I get confused about the classes.

Comment

The classes confuse the crap outa me. Someone told me to put a green seat and different headlight on it and see where they put me.

Comment

Looks like P-PP 1000cc is the goal. Looks like the simplest class. xl.jpgThis is the bike I think of when I think of Bonneville. This bike Dan. Where is it now ?

Comment

Aaron posted a pic of this bike on the xl forum long time ago saying he helped build this bike. It was a year or so after this at another land race. That is one of the reasons why I don't like the lying piece of shit. He didn't have shit to do with building that bike.

Comment

Actually Aaron was heavily involved with that bike. He was an owner of NRHS by then and was the crew chief on the bike. That is him in that picture on the right.

What i do not understand is how that bike was legal in the PPP class as the mufflers have obviously been removed which is not legal in PPP.

Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

I knew that was him, my wrong there then. I still ain't apologizing to him. I didn't know he bought or schemed it away from Brian and Richard. I probably just need to leave it alone because just base my opinion on heresay.

Comment

Originally posted by NRHS-Dan View Post
                  Actually Aaron was heavily involved with that bike. He was an owner of NRHS by then and was the crew chief on the bike. That is him in that picture on the right.

What i do not understand is how that bike was legal in the PPP class as the mufflers have obviously been removed which is not legal in PPP.
                  Maybe the rules on the pipes were different then; Joe told me I would have to run full stock looking exhaust ( already got a set that will work). That is the class I want.

Comment

Originally posted by stocker View Post

Maybe the rules on the pipes were different then; Joe told me I would have to run full stock looking exhaust ( already got a set that will work). That is the class I want.
                    That is correct.

Comment

Hell guess I can join the AMA too .Dan remember seeing these brothers. IMG_7232.jpg
                      Last edited by stocker; 10-24-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

And Dan...they did have the "Run Watchya Brung" Class this year, after you said they weren't going to do it anymore. I would have been there this year if I wouldn't have listened to you. Man, I never listen to anyone. Never again.

Comment

Sorry about that. I was relaying bad info that was put out on another forum. But honestly you probably wouldn't have wanted to be there as they only had one course for all the bikes and the lines were horrendous. We waited 6-7 hours on Sunday and Monday to just get in one run!

Comment

Originally posted by stocker View Post
                            And Dan...they did have the "Run Watchya Brung" Class this year, after you said they weren't going to do it anymore. I would have been there this year if I wouldn't have listened to you. Man, I never listen to anyone. Never again.
                            Maybe some research on your part instead of blaming Dan. You honestly didn't make any phone calls, emails or anything to double check Dan's simple passing along what he heard? That's pathetic man.

Comment

Originally posted by NRHS-Dan View Post
                              Sorry about that. I was relaying bad info that was put out on another forum. But honestly you probably wouldn't have wanted to be there as they only had one course for all the bikes and the lines were horrendous. We waited 6-7 hours on Sunday and Monday to just get in one run!
                              Yea I heard. Just messing with you. Gonna probably do like one guy recommended, and just show up to run that event, have fun, check it out and see if I want to try for a record in the 1000cc P-PP class another time.

Comment

Working...
                              X