2017 w.o.s.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 w.o.s.

I'm going! Been wanting to attend this since I was a kid, but growing up on the east coast I never thought I would actually make it. Now that I'm in AZ, it's happening. Anyone else going?

I'm going to the Motorcycle speed trials at Bonneville in August
    Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

Isn't that the AMA thing or the Bub's ? I wanna run the salt before I check out, but can't seem to find a place where I could fit one of the bikes in. Plus it just bothers me to even think about getting salt on any of them. I guess I could build a really fast safe rat bike.

Comment

yes it is the AMA sanctioned event. I am one of the sponsors again this year.
        Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

I think I will post here instead of making a new thread...
          The Colorado Mile has begun...

Got 23 runs in on Friday really sore still tonite(Saturday) and hit a new high speed of 179.7 and burned up a whole tank of gas.
          Grid NEVER filled up but a steady stream of riders.

Fireman Jim's Kiwi friend hit 239 but had a fold-under braking. Bike is fixable and I saw him walking and smiling.

So far a great weekend.
          I did no runs today but have tomorrow to get a bunch of runs and experiment with octane.
          I have no-alcohol in 91 and 98.

Z
          Livin the dream

Comment

I remember that last year your goal was 180 mph but it didn't work out.... now you are so, so close. Practically breathing on it.
            Good luck today, hope you break it !!!

Comment

Just got home, it's Sunday.
              Sat out all of yesterday hoping for a tailwind that never happened.
              No biggie I got 23 runs on Friday and was just "too sore" to suit up unless there was a tailwind.

Got there around lunchtime and suited up for the afternoon runs.
              Actually hit the grid around 3:30, got in 17 runs today. 2 tanks of gas for the weekend, I think she's happiest with about 94-96 octane.

Just like Texas last October, I was the last run of the weekend and it was worth every penny spent.
              I expect be the fastest American V-Twin at the meet.
              Although Rich Joos had a damn fast Evo hitting low 160s.

I can't believe how much fun these meets are.

Z
              Livin the dream

Comment

Man, was that a blast! I've been wanting to see salt racing for 50 years and this did not disappoint. Met some great people. Saw some awesome vehicles. Took a few pics. Here's some of the bikes.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Nice assortment of cool bikes!
                      Thanks for posting .

Comment

Great pics!

Comment

I think this bike set a record, but I have no idea what class.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X