Basic Rules and how to run at Bonneville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Rules and how to run at Bonneville

Was thinking I would like to run the salt before I die, I can get pointers about the bike and riding from some folks, but how would I be required to run. Someone told me I would have to run the rookie course first up to a certain speed but not faster, then a one way 1/2 way and I guess progress from there ? I don't want to set a record, just do it. I have a few bikes that scream, so gearing would have to be figured out cause the are low geared.

depends on which race you enter. The AMA motorcycle speed trials is a LOT more relaxed with their rules than the SCTA/USFRA events.

Feel free to call me with any questions 573-759-2834
    Bonneville might have beat us this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2017!!!

Comment

Yea, I used the link for motorcycle records off the SCTA page. Didn't see where the 883 would fit in between 750 and 1000. I wanted to run the salt before I die, but want to do it with a production close 883. I have modified bikes, but where is the challenge there. What about the AMA's Run what ya brung event ? Wouldn't I have to join the AMA to run ? Hell, I have always been a holligan drag racer, flat tracker. Not so much flat track anymore.

Comment

no more run whatcha brung at AMA anymore.
        Bonneville might have beat us this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2017!!!

Comment

Working...
        X