Polaris (Indian) is killing it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaris (Indian) is killing it!

Sales continue to rise for Indian and Polaris ATV and snowmobile sales are through the roof. I wish I had bought a bunch of stock in Polaris yesterday as it rose over 15% just today!

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/shar...174700902.html
    Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

They are selling the snot outa the Scouts. I see them all the time.

Comment

If I was going to buy an Indian it would be the Scout. they are really well built
      Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

I liked the Victory version better

Comment

I just don't like the plastic shit on all the models. Kinda cheap. I have always liked the direct drive primary on the big Indians, Don't know why the MoCo can't do that and do away with the snatch and jerk effect you can get with a chain drive primary.

Comment

Originally posted by jkhawaii View Post
            I liked the Victory version better
            unfortunately the Victory is no more.

Comment

I know. Dumb like killing off Buell.

Comment

Not so sure it was dumb as the rest of the Victory line was not selling well and they did keep the Octane but just called it the Scout.

Comment

The Milwaukee Business Journal said Polaris is now at 10% of the domestic market with Harley at 53%.
                  What was most interesting to me was even though Indian sales were up 16% this quarter, total motorcycles sales for Polaris were actually down 14% for the 3rd quarter because of Victory winding down.
                  I get the feeling that in spite of all the sales success, motorcycles are not a big part of Polaris...yet.

If they plateau like Victory did and start needing money for more new models...would Polaris cut them loose...say 10 years down the road?
                  I think they probably would have dumped Victory even if they didn't have Indian to fall back on...they were not doing that well even before Indian, like 4 of the last 5 years they lost money?

Personally Polaris has yet to make anything I would purchase over a Harley...mainly because their style is either over the top (Chief) or they look too squat and angular (Scout).
                  Harley could have put Screamin' Eagle equipment on this years models to make the Sportster line a little more competitive with the Scout...but
                  Harley's lack of change the last 2-3 years makes me more convinced than ever they are saving up for big Sportster news in'19.

Comment

The Sportster is going away soon. No one wants to pay 10 to 12k for one. I won't.

Comment

Originally posted by stocker View Post
                      The Sportster is going away soon. No one wants to pay 10 to 12k for one. I won't.
                      Stocker I can see why a new Sporty wouldn't make sense for you, you can take a basket case and make it faster than a new one for half the price!

But for a young or new rider who has little or no wrenching ability, a shiny new bike they don't have to work on themselves, may look pretty tempting.
                      Even 10 or 12k may not look all that bad...especially if the payments are within their budget.

I am surprised when I see the prices of new bikes in the same engine size range as Sportsters, IMHO they sometimes make Sportsters look like a reasonable value.

Comment

I still think wrenchin' is mandatory on the current sportsters too. All new bikes are overpriced to me, especially when there are low mileage salvage bikes going for cheap usually with just dented tins and scratches. Insurance companies are totaling bikes for some seriously minor damage.

Comment

QUOTE=stocker;n6848]I still think wrenchin' is mandatory on the current sportsters too. All new bikes are overpriced to me, especially when there are low mileage salvage bikes going for cheap usually with just dented tins and scratches. Insurance companies are totaling bikes for some seriously minor damage.[/QUOTE]

very true!!

Comment

Working...
                          X