No announcement yet.

Another Hammer customer has problems...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Hammer customer has problems...

Was lurking over there and saw another Hummer customer has bad scuffing and bore-piston wear....normal riding 3000 miles. I saw this many times when I was member there. Now he is trying to tell the customer his measurements will be wrong unless he uses torque plates, when he measures the bore. Uh, they are only used to maintain the integrity of the cylinder when boring and honing . I am sure dude can tell if he has the proper 3 to 5 thousand clearance .

I'm staying out of this.
    Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

Fuck Aaron and Hammer Dan. It would cause them to burst into flames if they told the truth. XL Forum looks like the Hammer dick licker site now. Group mentality shit. Mofo's afraid to stand on their own. Soon as any member questions Hammer, they are gone. Isn't that the libtard way ? The problem with public forums isn't the people with the wrong info; It is the fucks trying to rip people off by shutting down the folks that do know.

Comment

They will not measure right, out of the torque plates, for the same reason you have to use torque plates when honing.
        If you don't want to deal with torque plates, get a Shovelhead.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Looks like they have another one with the same issue:

http://xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/s...readid=2042454
          Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

This is one of the reasons I do not use the X-forging pistons with my 1250 kits. They are just too easy to scuff due to the smaller skirts having less surface area to dissipate heat.

Comment

Yep. Short skirts are good for drag racing. Not for daily use, that is why the 90 incher will last about 2 years than need rebuilt, but your kinda screwed then.

Comment

I am so happy to not be arguing with hammer and their minions anymore over on that forum. I am so much more relaxed now that I have let that go and now just focus on selling parts and building engines for a select few customers now.

I am learning (only took me 50 years) that there is lot more to life than just chasing the almighty dollar.
                Last edited by NRHS-Dan; 10-11-2017, 02:16 PM.

Comment

I learned I can have way more fun cheaper. Folks in debt are prisoners. That is why I am trying to build a P-PP bike as cheap as I can just to see fast my junk will run.

Comment

Aaron strikes me as a dude that had a challenged ego growing up, and now it has become a little weenie problem. Trying to impress folks with what you have and what you did, etc, etc....is a waste of precious time. That is why it is usually me against myself and the track. I never really paid much attention to the other racers.

Comment

I used to consider Aaron my best friend with Dan Norlin a close second. I have shared in Thanksgiving with both of them though the years, I lived at Aarons house for about 4 months, .and for 3 years Norlin and I worked together in the same building and we went out to lunch together almost every day at work. Unfortunately money and friendship usually make bad partners. Not saying I was completely without fault, as I had a different idea of the direction NRHS should go, but it just was a volatile mix for the 3 of us. Took me 5 years to really get over what I felt was being stabbed in the back by them. Once I decided to just let it go and pursue a new direction in MO my life is so much better.

I am now set-up in life so that NRHS is not a job that has to pay the bills anymore but instead is once again fun and enjoyable and keeps me busy while still allowing me to have fun.
                      Last edited by NRHS-Dan; 10-12-2017, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I have heard nothing but bad about H.Dan. So I imagine he had a lot to do with driving the wedge between you too. I had a close friend for over 20 years that I considered a brother that about the same thing happened. Riches and the quest for them usually destroy any friendship. Nowadays it seems folks are friends because they benefit someway from the relationship. I figure the stress of trying to make a home business pay all the bills sorta controls how Aaron deals with folks.

Comment

H Dan's ideas of what NRHS should become and my ideas were very different. I was happy with it remaining small with minimal employees. H Dan wanted us to be a million dollar a year plus company. But I owned NRHS 100% and he was a contractor doing heads for NRHS. So it was my choice on what direction the company should go. I felt that it was not going to be a good fit for us to partner up as one company as we would clash with the direction the company should go. So I decided that a partnership was not in my best interest. H Dan decided to go his own way and partnered with Aaron to start hammer. It seems like they are doing well so in the end I think we both made the right choice.

I am also extremely blessed to be retired Army so my families medical insurance is taken care of and I get a small pension that pays the majority of my bills
                          I am in a really good place in my life now!!
                          Last edited by NRHS-Dan; 10-13-2017, 08:47 AM.

Comment

They aren't doing well if people are getting bad products . Can't be testing your products or ideas on customers. And I don't think they have been to land races in a long time, and I don't think they have a drag race test team . Dyno and track are two different things. That is why I build my own junk. That way the only person I can curse at is me. I knew a rider years ago, that was doing 1250's before they were cool. He made his own boring and honing machine from an old and I mean old industrial drill press. Not your black and decker but a huge drill press. Not as easy as CNC, not as efficient, but if you pay attention to your measurements, it all turns out good. My old Sunnen is part manual/automatic. But, I am not turning out production stuff, just cylinders for local people and me.

Comment

I think the last time Aaron had a bike he built at Bonneville was 2012 but I could be wrong on that. Not sure about the drag racing. Dan Norlin used to be one of the best ET racers with his V-rod. Doesn't seem like he has the time and/or desire to race now.

2017 was my 10th year (one year was cancelled) at Bonneville. I have been bringing bikes I built since 2009
                              Last edited by NRHS-Dan; 10-13-2017, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X