Victory being shut down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory being shut down

I wonder if they will bring the Victory touring bike over to the Indian side?

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...-Strengthening
    Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

I hope not, that is one ugly piece of shit.

Comment

it might be ugly but ever person I have talked to that owns one loves them and many were on their 3rd or 4th one. Thefolkss who own them are usually the ones who put 40,000 plus miles on them a year from what i have seen and they rave about what a great bike they are.
      Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

I'm not surprised...the biggest clue for me was the local dealers. Or should I say the lack of them. In the Omaha area they have either closed or moved around over the years and I couldn't tell you for sure where one is now. If the local dealers can't make it, that's a REAL bad sign.
        I know Harley dealers are feeling the squeeze too...have had some e-mails with local dealers knocking a couple grand off some 2016 forty-eights. But Harley is probably still selling what...200,000+ bikes a year? What did Victory sell...20,000 or 30,000? I'm just guessing...but I have never really seen that many around, not like Harleys
        From that press release I gather the big problem for them was lack of growth, they have probably hit a wall and have a solid core, but can't break out and grow like they believe Indian can.
        Another factor I'm guessing, in the last comparison I read between 2017 Indian, Victory and Harley, they said Victory NOW felt outdated...I bet Polaris was thinking to keep competitive they would have to put out big money and that probably helped them deciding to pull the plug now.
        I also guess it must have been a fairly recent decision since they had recently put some money into R&D for the Octane (my favorite Victory) and just bought that electric bike company in the last year or so.
        I always thought that Indian would hurt Victory more than Harley...at least to start with.
        I just could not get excited about Victory...mainly for me their motors looked slab sided, artificial and top heavy, and for me the body work many times was over done and made them look clumsy and out of proportion..
        Harley motors look more organic and real, they don't try to cover anything needlessly... you can practically see how they work.
        Last edited by sportyone; 01-10-2017, 01:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

The Victory Octane and the Indian Scout are basicaly the exact same bike with different badges so that is not a big deal fro them to discontinue the Octane. If one could find a cheap Octane that is a great bike.

Comment

Originally posted by NRHS-Dan View Post
            The Victory Octane and the Indian Scout are basicaly the exact same bike with different badges so that is not a big deal fro them to discontinue the Octane. If one could find a cheap Octane that is a great bike.
            I agree it was no big deal for Polaris to redo the Scout into the Octane...I just think that they bothered to do it at all (with all the money they spent in advertising) tells me they probably were not planning on stopping production until fairly recently.
            Maybe they hoped if they pushed it out there and the sales numbers looked good they could see a future to grow on...
            But there again I think Victory's dealer network is weak.
            That is one thing that Harley from the start built a stronger dealer base. From my reading Indian blew it during WWI when they stopped supplying their dealers with new bikes because all production went to the military...dealers folded and Harley came out of the war as the biggest.

Comment

The dealers around me are selling the crap outa the Scout models. I see them all the time. I just can't get past the engine on that bike. Now if they would slap a retro looking engine in it like the Chief models, I would buy one.

Comment

the engine in the chief/octane is an awesome motor. I have a feeling HD is going to be badly embarrased this year in flat track racing by the Scouts.

Comment

I was reading some comments by Victory owners and they sound MAD! They said Polaris will not get another dime of their money!
                  But with Victory loosing money in 3 of the last 5 years, I can't blame Polaris for putting it's money behind Indian.
                  BTW I also read that only about 100 of the 400 Polaris dealers sell bikes and they average 20 bikes a year...so if my math is right that sounds like 20,000 bikes a year.
                  That's too bad they couldn't make it with those numbers,

Comment

Originally posted by NRHS-Dan View Post
                    the engine in the chief/octane is an awesome motor. I have a feeling HD is going to be badly embarrased this year in flat track racing by the Scouts.
                    Yep. they need to get off their "biker pimpin' and bagger pimpin' " and start pushing the sales towards the millenials. And they need to develop that water cooled 750 bike for the flat tracks. Couple folks I know have chief models...damn things run like a scalded dawg. Only thing I don't like is the naksil lined cylinders. Haven't seen any long mileage bikes yet.
                    Last edited by stocker; 01-13-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X