MoCo released 2018 line up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoCo released 2018 line up

....and the sorry motherfuckers in charge killed the dyna. Who the fuck is the retard running the MoCo. This is worse than when Willie G. let the boat tail out.

Alrighty Stocker...maybe you should tell us how you REALLY feel !

I'm not too worried...most of the new bikes still look like Harleys I would not be TOO ashamed to be seen on.
    From what I've read so far most seem to work better than last years models.

If I were a betting man...I bet a mid year Low Rider S with the 114 M8 and USD forks with dual discs up front...and I bet 2019 Sportsters have dual balancers and a solid mount motor like the new Softies.

Not sure about 8 valves and all that oil cooling...and I could not see anything but dual shock rear suspension.

Comment

The new low rider is a softail. with a new frame and a monoshock under the seat. Not sure if all the softies got the same frame, but I think they did. TotalMotorcyle had a pic of a naked frame, and it looks kinda spindly. Although I do like the low rider and in vivid black it comes in around 14 k. About what the old model went for. The two year rule still applies. Usually takes the MoCo two years to fix the fuck ups. Local dealer told me dynas haven't been selling well for a few years. Softies and baggers and sportsters sell.

Comment

Yeah, I also read Dynas sales have been slow the last few years...to bad it was a nice ride.
        Kind of reinforces a theory of mine that motorcycles tend to be more an emotional purchase than a rational one.
        Great bikes like the Dyna don't sell if they don't touch some emotional cord, and inspire some need to own and ride.
        I think that is part of the fine line Harley has to walk...if they make their bikes to smooth and refined they loose character and just become bland.
        The vibration on that old Iron head I rode can iritate and annoy, but for me I loved that feel of a real machine and the challenge to not let it beat me.
        Most Sportster riders are a little like that I believe, we accept some level of discomfort for the sensual experience of a real machine.😉

Comment

I buy a motorcycle because I like the bike. And I buy it if it fits me. I bought a 2007 Street Glide at a police auction and hated that hog. If I wasn't out on the Interstate with it, and doing back roads two lanes and one laner's, that thing made me feel worse after a days riding than any bike I own.

Comment

The rationale was all the M8 engines are now internally balanced so might as well take advantage of that and make everything but the touring bikes into softails now. If the suspension could handle the 1000+ lb loads that folks often put on their baggers they probably would have made those into softails as well.
            Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

I saw a naked 2018 softail frame on Totalmotorcycle and it looked awful spindly to me. On the plus side; Now you can adjust the new mono shock by removing the seat instead of the old shocks under the frame. As far as dyna's not selling well. The dealer in Hammond still has a brandy new 2013 dyna custom in vivid black for $13,500.00 that still hasn't sold yet. Tried a few times to get the price down, but no deal. Maybe that is why it is still sitting in the show room with dust on it.

Comment

Wow that is crazy having an unsold 5 year old Dyna custom...I looked it up and MSRP was $13,199 for black. That dealer must think it's the '90's and he has a waiting list.
                What I see some dealers around here do is if they have some bikes that they need to move they add up to $2,000 in "free" accessories to the price. That's more tempting especially since nobody leaves without SOME kind of extra stuff. (shrewd move... $2k of accessories only probably cost's them $1k at the most)
                As for as the '18's...the frame can be made lighter because the motor/trans is bolted solid to the frame and is kind of a stress member.
                Another change that really surprised me was the motors are all wet sump now...no more oil tank.

Comment

Ever since the new folks took over, they aren't real biker friendly. The new owner wears designer jeans that ride too high on his ankles, exposing his argyle socks and penny loafers.

Comment

Working...
                  X