X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 mert lawwill concepts street tracker

Very Very nice !!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272455953967?rmvSB=true
    Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.

that bike is a work of art!!!
    Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

Hells yea. That is better than an airplane...bid in.

Comment

it was sold...anybody here got it ??
        Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.

Comment

Nope, I wouldn't even match the reserve so it wasn't me....back to airplane search.

Comment

I put this bike in my eBay 'Watch List' and followed it until the auction ended. It got bid up to $20,500 (which did not meet the reserve).

Very interesting bike, I wish they had of included some pictures that showed the rear suspension 'mono-shock' setup better. Another thing I noticed was the number of errors in the item description:
            1) The 'special' cylinders (made by STD) are NOT forged, they are cast.
            2) The 'hand-crafted, chrome-moly frame' could NOT possibly be 100 lb. lighter than the stock frame, this would result in a negative weight! And yes, they spelled 'moly' as 'molly'. This is the abbreviation for molybdenum, it is not a girl's name....
            3) The 'fully adjustable PENSKY racing mono-shock' - damn, Roger Penske is an American racing icon (among other things) for decades now. At least spell the man's name correctly!

But when the seller is 'debra7582', this may explain these technicalities.... I'll bet Debra is a 'consignment seller', and has no idea what this bike truly is (or who Roger is either).

Comment

Looking again at the pix, the swingarm is a four-bar-link.
              If done right, the belt tension should remain constant thru the stroke.

Price is a bit steep, that top bid is pretty close to what my 1190RS cost me...
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by show'n'go View Post
                Very interesting bike, I wish they had of included some pictures that showed the rear suspension 'mono-shock' setup better.
                'Arlan Talks About Custom Mert Lawwill Street Tracker' - YouTube video, 6:08 in length

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq77-Xr-zWA

Not the actual bike from the eBay auction, but another example of the Lawwill bike (they don't give the 'serial number').
                This video shows some decent detail of the rear suspension setup and an explanation behind it.

Comment

Might as well hear it right from the man who built them....

'Danny Sullivan's 2010 Mert Lawwill Streettracker' - YouTube video, 7:57 in length.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyWBBuNIYd8

Mert built one of these bikes for a birthday present to retired Indycar racer Danny Sullivan (commissioned by his wife - obviously quite the girl!). Mert describes what he did to create these bikes, and why he did it that way.

Comment

Working...
                  X