hello from Kansas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello from Kansas

I am an old man that races an old right shift Harley. I have drag raced off and on since 1964 when I started on a modified Honda 90. Don't laugh, fast Harleys where still in the 12's and using a roller starter under a pick up truck to start. Burn outs were accomplished by pushing against a fencepost. Really. I have raced everything from 13 second 250 cc. Suzuki X-6's, to my street 13.2 Sporty, to 9 second 1400 cc KZ Kaws with a bunch of stuff in between. Thought I would campaign a BKing next but decided to buy a built Sporty instead. My current ride is a 103" Zipper motored Sportster, fresh build so not ET or mph yet, will test and tune May 6th. The guy that commissioned the bike build died about the time it was completed so details on the motor are sketchy, 13.5 (?) compression, dual plug Baisley heads, Bonnie Truett frame, all the right goodies to go fast. VP C12 for fuel, Buell body.

Welcome! Where at in Kansas, im in KCMO

Comment

South of Wichita 45 miles, Winfield. I race at Wichita International.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a really cool race bike you have!!
        Bonneville might have beat us again this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2018!!!

Comment

Nice drag bike. Gonna run some of the AMRA races with it ? Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
          X