think ill start wearing more gear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think ill start wearing more gear

luckily it was not on my motorcycle but, crashing at 20mph with no protective gear still sucks! riding my ebike to work like I do every day. I ran over, what I think was a small red brick.. down I went, woke up in the ER. Well.. odd what happens when you hit your head. Apparently, I was walking and, talking though a bit incoherent. I have no memory of anything between when I went to the ground and lying in bed at the ER! lots of road rash and, left side of my head is swollen. knee doesn't feel to good either.

more time to look at parts for my sportster I guess

Comment

Yea, hitting your head real hard isn't good. Gotta be careful about that. Guy I know took a hard look to the head. He kept telling the folks at the er that his head hurt real bad....he died a couple days later. If your head keeps hurting real bad..go to the er.

Comment

I know the left side of my face is swollen. not really sore, just swollen. I took a selfie of myself on the way to the ER but I don't remember that at all! co worker seen me laying on the side of the road... was probably there for a few minutes.

Comment

I like those new fat tired bikes; About my speed. Pedal like hell and don't go anywhere.

Comment

I have a Prodeco ebike

Comment

glad to hear that you are okay. Don't you have a good bicycle helmet. They weigh next to nothing and they really do work.
              Bonneville might have beat us this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2017!!!

Comment

I raced off-road motorcycles on and off for 23 years, never knew anyone but me (4 skull fractures and arrested in the helicopter) to suffer a fatal accident. Raced bicycles for 11 years, knew 2 guys killed. Head injury and severed spine. Don't matter how fast your going, it matters how quickly you stop. Wear your gear, it is your only chance.

Comment

Originally posted by NRHS-Dan View Post
                  glad to hear that you are okay. Don't you have a good bicycle helmet. They weigh next to nothing and they really do work.
                  yeah ill get one now. ill be down for a while though. my knee doesn't feel to good.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeracer44 View Post
                    I raced off-road motorcycles on and off for 23 years, never knew anyone but me (4 skull fractures and arrested in the helicopter) to suffer a fatal accident. Raced bicycles for 11 years, knew 2 guys killed. Head injury and severed spine. Don't matter how fast your going, it matters how quickly you stop. Wear your gear, it is your only chance.
                    riding a bicycle feels less safe most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X