How about a desktop dyno simulation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a desktop dyno simulation?

Haven't messed around with this software for a long time. 1250, 10-1 compression, found some flow numbers on another site for 883 ported heads, used small tube headers with open exhaust, estimated 165cfm for throttle body, the sim really liked the Fuling 505/515 cam for some reason, the N3 also made really good tourqe. Here's the results. Looks pretty realistic.

IMG_0326.JPG

Comment

• jkhawaii
      jkhawaii commented
      Editing a comment
      Now, be aware this is Crank HP

Pretty normal results for the simulators. They always seem to be about 20% too high.

The N3s are really good cams for someone looking for tons of low to mid range power. I have used them in several customers bikes and they are awesome in the 3,000-4,000 rpm range.
    Bonneville might have beat us this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2017!!!

Comment

How much power is lost to the wheels on a sportster?

Comment

Originally posted by NRHS-Dan View Post
        Pretty normal results for the simulators. They always seem to be about 20% too high.

The N3s are really good cams for someone looking for tons of low to mid range power. I have used them in several customers bikes and they are awesome in the 3,000-4,000 rpm range.
        There was a chart in the sim that showed wheel HP of 95 or so, that would seem realistic. The dyno graph on fuelings site showed 90 HP at 6500, at the wheels I'm assuming.
        On the sim the n3 moves the power curve up 500rpm over the W cams, 5500 rpm for the W's 6000 N3.
        The sim didn't like at lot of the cams I entered for some reason, maybe it's because the head flow numbers I had only went to .500 lift.
        Well, for the most part this sim can be off but , it's close and, fun to play with different set ups.

Comment

I typically see about a 15-20 hp loss to the wheels on a sportster. So now that you say that those numbers might not be so far off. That would give you about 90 ho which is realistic.
          Last edited by NRHS-Dan; 07-12-2017, 11:25 AM.
          Bonneville might have beat us this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2017!!!

Comment

• jkhawaii
            jkhawaii commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmm good to know.
        Working...
        X