Picking up my 2017 EBR 1190SX on Monday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking up my 2017 EBR 1190SX on Monday

This has been nearly a month in the making, but I have officially purchased my first ever brand new vehicle, a 2017 EBR 1190 SX in Strike Yellow (1 of 10 built in this color) with 6.8 miles on it. Bought it from James at Action Powersports and I will be flying up there Monday to pick it up, and after a few fun days, start the 1000 mile ride back home to Colorado.

I've been sending parts up to Aagard's place to install right after I pick up the bike, so it will look, sound, and perform just how I want it for the trip home. IDS programmable ECM, APH twin exit exhaust, 44t rear sprocket, twisted designs carbon fiber tail tidy, T-Rex engine case sliders, 50dro axle sliders, RX brake scoop, Flexi-Glass racing front fender, Rizoma mirrors, Motosox reservoir covers, and a Motion Pro Rev2 throttle setup. I have always optioned out my bikes, but usually over time, start a big project, and get bored before I ever really meet my end goal. I feel very blessed, fortunate, and thankful that through a perfect storm of situations, I was able to buy this bike and extras, and make it all come together for really what I consider to be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I saw my bike at the EBR factory last month during the liquidation, so even though it's not technically at the factory anymore, it still feels more or less like I am picking it up from the factory. Showcasing this extremely rare bike on a ride I will never forget, that, because of my 1 y/o daughter and life in general moving on and getting busier, may not happen again for a very ling time, if ever. Also getting to ride up to Lambeau field is an extremely exciting opportunity in itself for this life-long Packer fan. Getting to meet so many new faces, see so many faces again, and, possibly, hopefully, the legend himself, is a dream come true for this new daddy : ) .

Nice! Shame what happened to Buell/EBR over the last 10 years.

Comment

what way are you heading back to CO? If you are going to be by Columbia, MO I would love to meet up and see the bike in person.
      Bonneville might have beat us this year but that White Bitch is going down in 2017!!!

Comment

Be careful Phil....bad assed looking bike

Comment

Thanks and will do! My name's Ross btw .

Comment

Originally posted by phelan View Post

I've been sending parts up to Aagard's place to install right after I pick up the bike, so it will look, sound, and perform just how I want it for the trip home. IDS programmable ECM, APH twin exit exhaust, 44t rear sprocket, twisted designs carbon fiber tail tidy, T-Rex engine case sliders, 50dro axle sliders, RX brake scoop, Flexi-Glass racing front fender, Rizoma mirrors, Motosox reservoir covers, and a Motion Pro Rev2 throttle setup.
            Make sure to post some 'before' (stock) and 'after' the mods pictures. I had to Google the bike model to see what it was all about, I haven't followed Buells as our local H-D 'store' never carried them claiming the demand was too small for them to add the line. The nearest dealer was 5 hours away from where I live. I was surprised to see the 185 horsepower.... fun, fun, fun. Also the first 8-piston brake caliper I've seen.

Comment

Definitely! I should have 100 miles or so logged by the time I get to Chuck's place, so I will have ample time to take "before" shots as well as shots just before entering the garage for "modifications". It will be akin to the Top Gear stops mid journey to modify their vehicles for the road at hand .

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/Phelan.zR1/...4426970&type=3

Comment

When I go to your link, I get threatened by FaceBook that I must 'Log In' or 'Sign Up' if I want to look at your pictures.
                  Zuckerberg is going to have to try harder than that....

Comment

Working...
                  X